National Entrance Screening Test 2013 / NEST-2013
Entrance Test for Admission to National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) Bhubaneswar
University of Mumbai – Department of Atomic Energy Center for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CBS) Mumbai
Send request / (filled-in form + DD) to…
The Chief Coordinator, NEST 2013
NISER, Institute of Physics Campus,
Bhubaneswar, Odisha – 751 005
The National Entrance Screening Test or NEST is a compulsory test for admission to the 5 year Integrated M.Sc. programme in basic sciences – Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics – at National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Bhubaneswar and University of Mumbai – Department of Atomic Energy Center for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UN-DAE CBS), Mumbai. Both NISER and CBS are
autonomous institutions established by Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Government of India, in 2007
Application Fee — The application fee for the male candidates of General / OBC category is Rs. 700. The application fee for SC/ST/PD and all female candidates is Rs. 350. The fee can be paid either by Demand Draft or Electronic Transfer.
Qualification — Candidates seeking admission to NISER and UM-DAE CBS for the academic session 2013-14 should be from science stream (having any combination of Biology / Chemistry / Mathematics / Physics) at class XII and must write the NEST-2013 examination. Candidates who have passed class XII examination or equivalent from any recognized Board in India in 2011 or 2012 or are appearing in 2013 can apply for NEST-2013.
Age limit — General and OBC category candidates born on or after July 22, 1993 are eligible to apply. The age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC / ST / Physically Disabled (PD) candidates
No. Of Seats: For academic session 2013-14, the total number of seats at NISER, CBS and ISERC is 60, 35 and 21
respectively. The number of seats reserved for SC, ST, OBC Non-Creamy-Layer and PD is according to the Government of India norm.
- Website opens for information : January 03, 2013
- Online submission of application starts : January 07, 2013
- Last date for receiving request of application form (postal) : February 20, 2013
- Last date for receipt of completed application form with DD (online/postal) : March 08, 2013 (midnight)
- Online applications freezes : March 08, 2013 (midnight)
- Dispatch of offline admit cards starts : April 08, 2013
- Download of online admit cards starts : April 08, 2013
- Date of examination : May 25, 2013 (Saturday), 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Announcement of results on NEST website : June 17, 2013
How To Apply:
- Online form submission is the most convenient and preferred way. Follow these steps to go for it. Read Basics of Online Formfirst.
- Register yourself before you login. It is assumed that you already have an e-mail ID.
- Confirm your registration from a mail sent to you just after registration.
- Login in the NEST homepage with your mail-id and password.
- Fill the form and save it or, modify an already saved form.
- Upload passport photo and scanned signature.
- Transfer fees or Send DD (in favour of “Chief Coordinator, NEST 2013”, payable at Bhubaneswar). Quote 5-digit Appl.No. in both cases.
- A letter of request can be sent to get the printed form by post. This form will have to be sent back along with DD after filling it properly. Do NOT send the DD with request letter. Send the DD only with filled-in form.
Note: Please do NOT submit the application both by method-1 and method-2. Such forms, if found, will summarilly be rejected.
Online application — Candidates may go to the NEST-2013 website www.nestexam.in and follow the instruction to fill-up the online application form. Photo and signature of the candidate are also required to be uploaded.
Offline application — Candidates may send request letter to the Chief Coordinator NEST-2013 at the address below for paper-copy of the application form. The candidate should fill up the form, attach photo,sign and return the completed application form along with the application fees (in the form of DD) to the Chief Coordinator by post, preferably speed post.
The request for paper application form, completed paper application form, Demand Draft and any NEST-2013 related queries by postal mail must be sent at —
The Chief Coordinator, NEST-2013
NISER, Institute of Physics Campus
Sachivalaya Marg, P.O. Sainik School
Bhubaneswar – 751005, Odisha
Click this to Download Advertisement
Official Website: http://www.nestexam.in